Federal Resources for Rural-Based
Join Mark Hansel, Lender Relations Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration, Randy Monhemius, Business Program Specialist, USDA, Rural Development, and Steve Schillig, Director, Small Business Development Center, as they discuss the opportunities available to Rural-Based Small Businesses.
· Business & Industry Loan Guarantee Program – loan guarantees for business development.
· Food Supply Chain Loan Guarantees - loan guarantees to expand food production & distribution.
· Rural Energy for America Program – grants for renewable energy and energy efficiency improvements.
· Value Added Producer Grant – grants to farmers to add value to products raised on the farm.
· What is the SBA
· How we help small businesses – credit, contracting, and counseling
· Updates on SBA loan programs – Express, 7(a), 504, and Community Advantage
· The Surety Bond Program
· Provides guidance and business assistance to new entrepreneurs and existing business owners.
· Our support is confidential and no cost.
· Areas of help include:
o Business planning
o Access to capital
o Accounting and Finance
o Human Resources